By Daffodil Software Ltd. - 1/01/2007 02:05:00 AM
Announcing Daffodil Replicator (E) 3.1.0 Release Candidate27th-Dec-2006: Daffodil Software Ltd. proudly announces the public release of Enterprise version of Daffodil Replicator referred as Daffodil Replicator (E). Daffodil Replicator (E) is a Java tool for data synchronization, migration, and backup between various database servers.
Daffodil Replicator works over standard JDBC driver and supports replication across heterogeneous databases. At present, it supports following databases: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Daffodil DB, DB2, Derby, MySQL, and PostGreSql. Daffodil Replicator is already available in Open source (OS) version. Now, Daffodil has also announced an Enterprise version, which will be available under commercial license.
Daffodil Replicator (E) has following added features over Daffodil Replicator (OS):
- Daffodil Replication (E) is more robust and has simpler and stronger architecture.
- Daffodil Replicator (E) puts minimal overhead on database performance. It creates a single table for recording changes to the database records as compared to multiple tables for recording changes in Daffodil Replicator (OS).
- It is faster and supports real-time data integration.
- Daffodil Replicator (E) can replicate data over Internet. It uses web services as compared to RMI in case of Daffodil Replicator (OS).
- Daffodil Replicator (E) can perform replication among various datasources in a LAN directly without installing Replication DataSource, whereas with Daffodil Replicator (OS) we need to install a Replication Client.
- Bi-directional Data Synchronization – Daffodil Replicator supports bi-directional data synchronization. It allows you to synchronize all the datasources available in the replication process. It maintains data integrity by applying all the changes made at one end to another end and vice versa in the replication process.
- Supports replication across heterogeneous database – Daffodil Replicator supports replication among different databases. For example, you can use one datasource as Daffodil DB and another as SQL Server in the same replication process.
- Supports unlocking – Daffodil Replicator does not set any lock while interacting with the databases. You can retrieve and merge changes to any database involved in the replication process.
- Conflict detector and resolution – Daffodil Replicator provides conflict detection and resolution functionalities that allow you to make changes in the same database simultaneously. For example, a conflict occurs when the changes are made in the same record of a database simultaneously from different locations. In case of conflicts, Daffodil Replicator automatically manages consistency based on the settings specified by the user at the time of creating job or subscription.
To download Daffodil Replicator (E): Version 3.1.0 click the link below: